As a membership organization, we keep information about our members. This information is provided to us by new members at https://www.carolinabirdclub.org/dues/ and can be updated by members at https://www.carolinabirdclub.org/members/profile/. We keep similar information for members who join offline via mail. This member information is kept permanently.
Members and non-members can register for our meetings online, and we collect information provided by registrants at https://www.carolinabirdclub.org/register/ so that we know who is attending the meetings. We collect similar information about participants who register offline via mail. This information is collected only for one meeting at a time and is not permanent.
Information that we collect about members or meeting attendees is never sold, nor shared with outside organizations in any way.
From time to time we send mass emails to all members, or subsets of members. You can opt out of some or all of these emails at https://www.carolinabirdclub.org/members/mailprefs.php.
- If you login, a cookie lets us remember that you are logged in as you move from page to page. Without this cookie, a login would only be good for one page. This cookie is discarded if you logout or close your browser.
- Another cookie lets us remember you anonymously as you move from page to page, whether logged in or not. Without this cookie, you would not be able to do things that require remembering previous pages, such as uploading photos or paying dues. This cookie is discarded when you close your browser.
- If you take advantage of the "stay logged in" option, a cookie keeps track that you are logged in even if you close your browser. Without this cookie, you need to enter your password every time you want to login. This cookie may eventually expire after a long time.
- If you upload photos to the photo gallery, you are required to check a box affirming that you have read the Information for Contributors. A cookie keeps track of this check for a period of time. Without the cookie, you would have to check the box every time. Occasionally the cookie expires and you are asked to re-affirm.
- If you use https://www.carolinabirdclub.org/sightings/nearby.html you can specify a radius for nearby bird sightings. A cookie keeps track of your preference so that you do not need to specify it every time.